Saturday 7 October 2017

Dreadtober project: Leviathan complete

I think I've found my forte.  I seem to be able to paint dreadnoughts extremely quickly-- that is, in comparison to my ordinary pace of two infantry per decade.


I was a bit on-and-off about using martian ironearth for its crackle effect, the negative pay-off being of course the thickness of the coat required.  Of course, if you were to suggest a more suitable crackle paint, I'd be all ears!
So anyway, here we are!  Maybe I should complete that venerable dread too.  Photo time!


Keeping with the whole Silent Hill theme of my Astartes, just a vanilla helmet just wasn't going to do.  For some reason, this was my replacement.




Yes, those are actual teeth.


You might not be able to see, but the head is a CSM helmet with the eyes greenstuffed out.


The effect of the ironearth is... okay, I'll admit that it's Very, Very Difficult to regulate; somehow I wish I had access to a chemical that distorted the resin, never mind noxious fumes and allergic reactions. I wonder what would achieve that?

 

And here we are once again, with other family members.  I didn't actually realised the Amphis' Bane was so close in height.

So that's that!  Back to the altar I guess.  Bye bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the different colours and textures you achived on your Leviathan! Amazingly detailed work that comes together as a great ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A decent job for a decent sculpt ;)

      Delete
  2. Because of course you have an actual tooth as basing detail...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, yes indeed. I kept it from the whole Kharn episode last year. But then I don't advertise myself as responsible, do I? ;D

      Delete
  3. Tooth? Eww! Leviathan complete! Amazing. It looks so great and there's enough time in Dreadtober to build an d paint another one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The second chap is just about ready to prime now. Hope I can finish him!

      Delete
  4. Lovely work on it D, lots of cool details and weathering on it. your choice of using really teeth/blood... not so sure about ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, thanks! I'll just clarify that it's not real BLOOD I've used ;D

      Delete