Monday 2 January 2017

Commission work: Thousand sons #2, DONE!


Hurrah!  That took a while, but what a surprising finish!  I learned a lot while painting these guys-- for one, gold needs to be shaded with druchii violet, otherwise it turns anything into a Christmas ornament.


Here they are,  with minor weathering...


Slightly more weathering...  Still not really a fan of the sculpts though.  I don't mind this one, though.


...Said the as-yet undiagnosed furry.
Weathering sotek green was certainly a strange experience, I'm not used to the cooler palette.


So here they are, ready for inspection.  Aspiring sorcerer with the first combat squad;


And surprised Jeff with the second.


So that's that!  Just a few bits here and there to touch up, and the parchment needs text yet, but other than that, we're done!

Bye bye for now.

***

P.S:  On a side-note, the client read my last blog post... and I learned very quickly not to publicly roast the client's decisions.  I'd like to say sorry for my harshness/silliness; still, 3rd party is 3rd party, not something I'd want to work with every day.  GW for the win.

2 comments:

  1. Great work on finishing them, the weathered look isn't something you see very often on Thousand Sons but looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess the weathering is something different, isn't it? Tzeencth probably hates things being dirty.

      Delete